Providing front-line support.
Our advocacy team, affectionately known as the A-Team, is a highly-trained unit that provides victim and mental health advocacy to each child assigned to the center. Our dedicated, caring, and compassionate advocates are on call 24/7 to support every case that is referred to us. They are on the front line, navigating the children’s traumatic experiences and advocating for their best interests. The A-Team offers hope, healing, and justice to children and their families throughout the process.
- participate in specialized interviews with non-offending caregivers.
- observe and take part in forensic interviews.
- engage in crisis counseling for children and caregivers.
- provide resources for children and families.
- educate and help families create a safety plan.
Our agency partners
Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF)
The state agency responsible for the initial investigation of reports of child sexual and physical abuse and neglect.
Child Protection Team (CPT)
CPT staff is specially trained to conduct forensic interviews, medical evaluations and to give expert court testimony.
State Attorney’s Office (SAO)
Assistant State Attorneys assigned to prosecute all child neglect, physical and sexual abuse cases in Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
Local Law Enforcement Agencies
Officers with special training lead the criminal investigation of child abuse cases.
"Encourage, lift, and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all. For we are connected, one and all…"
criminal cases reviewed in 2022
caregivers assisted with tools and resources to restore hope after trauma
CARES (Community Awareness, Advocacy, Resources, Education, and Support) is a community-based initiative to reach a wider demographic of children who are subject to neglect and lack of resources.
CARES aims to:
- Be the bridge to keeping children in safe and supported homes and out of the judicial child welfare system.
- Provide families with a myriad of preventive-based services including: resources to support children remaining in safe homes, parenting and child development education, job and household budgeting support, and a number of other direct services.
- Embody ECCAC’s value of preventive methods of ending childhood neglect.
Looking for a resource?
From our educational classes to information on our partner organizations and their offerings, click below to check out a variety of helpful resources.Resource Library
Looking for a speaker?
If you would like to have someone from our team attend an event to provide information about our mission and goals, please fill out the form below.Book a Speaker
Suspect abuse or neglect?
If you know or suspect that a child under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected or is at risk of being abused or neglected, you are required to report that to the Florida Abuse Hotline.
You need not know if the abuse or neglect has occurred, but it is your obligation to report your concerns.
Rise to the challenge.
Help us restore childhood joy and hope for the future.Become a Champion